SLIDER

Where have we been for the past year?

Saturday, April 20, 2013

I have decided it is time to start blogging again.  After reading through the posts from our first year in Thailand, I am really sad that I didn't keep up with it.  So, I am starting again today!  So, what in the world have we been up to in the past year and a half?   It is quite a list...so let me get you all up to date.

*We visited the Grand Palace and saw the Emerald Buddha.
* Ben's mom came for a visit and we went to the island of Koh Samet, Chatuchak Market, & Wat Pho (home of the reclining Buddha).
* Had two visits to Safari World and were able to feed giraffe.  Amazing!
*Lincoln had surgery to remove a lump from his neck and we were very pleased with the hospital stay.  Thailand offers amazing service!
*My Mom & Dad came for a visit and we went took a long tail boat to Railay Bay & the Island of Koh Lanta.  So beautiful. We also took them back to Wat Pho to see the Reclining Buddha.
* We went to learn about the poisonous snakes that are all over Thailand.  That was so informative!  I recommend that to anyone living in Thailand.
*We took our very first Khlong Boat ride.
*We toured Ancient Siam by bike.
* All 3 boys stayed home to be homeschooled this year. So glad I have the opportunity to stay home and learn right along with them.
* We went to the Island of Koh Chang and and got to ride elephant though the jungle and see wild monkey climbing all over our hotel!
*Celebrated the Thai Holidays of Loy Krathong ad Songkran.
*I got to experience Chinatown and had my first Tuk Tuk ride!
*Went up to the ancient ruins of Ayutthaya.  The Thai detail is amazing.  I love all the architecture on the ancient buildings here.

It's been quite a year and a half.  The longer we are here, the more I love this country.  I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of a new culture and have experiences I never thought would be possible.  This was such a leap for us and WAY out of our little NW Ohio comfort zone, but I will never regret this.  As this school year is coming to an end, I am really looking forward to what year 3 in Thailand will bring.  I have a feeling it is going to be pretty amazing!
 

 



 

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...