SLIDER

Let's try this again for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Ok, so I have dreams of being a great blogger.  I love reading traveling, homeschooling, and parenting blogs.  I love all they have to offer.  I love all the tips on how to be a better parent, 5 tips to a stress-free homeschool, 10 best beaches in the world.  These blogs become my lifeline when I feel like others may not understand my life.  They give me dreams of destinations to add to my ever growing list of places I must see someday.  I really do love reading about other people's lives and experiences.  It's pretty fascinating to me. So, here I go, trying for the hundredth time to start my blog back up.  I've decided to to not only focus my blog on our life in Thailand, but  focus on our homeschool life, travels, and life with boys.

The best place to start is our recent trip up to Chiang Mai, Thailand and our first day there.

Na Thapae Hotel 

We checked into Na Thapae, our cute little hotel, right near the Thapae Gate. Right away, I was impressed with how friendly everyone at the hotel was.  We booked a triple room that had a king and a single bed, which was perfect for us. The hotel staff were wonderful at giving us suggestions of kid friendly activities. The best part of the hotel was that it was off a little side road from the main road and was walking distance to catch tuk tuks or songthaews, loads of places to eat, and right across from the Sunday Walking Street.







Sunday Walking Street

If you happen to be in Chiang Mai on a Sunday make sure to check out Sunday Walking Street located right by the Thapae Gate.  I wish this market would have been offered more than once while we were there because it had an amazing selection of local hilltribe handicrafts, artwork, food stalls and street performers.  I'm still sad I didn't go back and buy the blanket I wanted because I never saw another one like it at any of the other markets we went to.

We went early, around 5:00 pm, to start checking out the market. My boys are not shopper AT.ALL.  So, this was not the most pleasant experience for all of us, but as soon as they got a fruit smoothie they seemed to perk back up.  The boys and I stopped a few times to listen to musicians play the traditional Thai music with the traditional instruments.  There are just so many things to see when you visit this market.  Street food is lining the local Wat (temple), massage chairs in rows on the side streets ready relieve aching feet, smoothie stands with local fruit, and lots of great bargains.  We didn't get much there since it was our first night there and I was sure I could find all of this stuff again.  I really should know after living in Thailand for 2 years, if you see it and want it, buy it now!!  You may never see it again. We left around 8:00 PM and it was getting really packed.  I really loved this market and hope we can make it up there again.







El Diablos Burritos

After our night shopping, we were all really hungry.  I was in search for an amazing Mexican place I had been hearing about, but I had no idea what the name of the place was.  So after walking a little ways and listening to complaining kids, I thought I finally found the place.  Where we live we have very little selection of food.  It's either Thai or Italian and while I really like both types, I love having a variety of food.  When I saw El Diablos Burritos, we knew we had to try it.  We were a little disappointed as the only things on their menu were nachos, quesidillas or burritos  and they were out of nachos!  But, thankfully the amazing burritos made up for it.  These burritos were huge and super tasty.  The staff was also super sweet.  Britton accidentally spilled his huge glass of water all over himself and they  cleaned everything up and helped us dry his clothes so he had something to wear when we left.  I really recommend going there, oh, and this was not the Mexican place I had been hearing about, but it definitely deserves to be checked out!


Our first day in Chiang Mai was jammed packed and I can't wait to share what we did on day two!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...