SLIDER

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Ok, I am not a food blogger at all, but I just had to share this soup I made today.  Chicken noodle soup is such a comfort food.  Whenever I don't feel well, I always want some soup to help make me feel better. Thailand is full of street stalls offering noodle soup, but they are just not quite the same. For one, the noodles are all rice noodles, and I really love egg noodles.

I have searched over the years for egg noodles in Thailand, but they do not taste like the noodles from the States. Canned soup can really only be used in desperate situations and they only carry the condensed noodle soup here. I don't really like that kind, but do keep some on hand in times of need. I  can say that I have never once considered making my own noodles, but then I found this recipe and she made it sound so easy.



Greyson was sick yesterday and the only thing that sounded good to him today was chicken noodle soup.  I was up for the challenge.  Oh my gosh...it is so easy!  Just make the dough, roll it out and let it set for an hour. While the dough is setting out, throw the chicken stock, chicken and veggies into a pot and boil.  Put the noodles in 30 minutes before you are ready to eat...and there you go.  Amazing soup!


I even got all 3 boys approval!  That is almost unheard of.  Even my middle son, who was complaining about the soup all morning, ended up eating 2 bowls!  Give this soup a try, but let me warn you...you may never eat canned soup again!

Recipe found on For the Love of Cooking.

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...