SLIDER

Staycation Bangkok

Friday, January 2, 2015



A few weeks back, my husband had a class he was attending in the city for the whole weekend.  We live a good hour outside of the city and that is not including all the crazy traffic jams we usually get stuck in.  So, the boys and I decided to head into the city and make a fun weekend out of it.  The boys were thrilled to have a weekend in the city and they were able to spend sometime with their dad.

Our trip started out a little rocky with a taxi driver that was falling asleep.  I was starting to get very nervous for two reasons.  One...I thought he was going to crash and two, if I asked him to pull over, was he going to freak out?  There have been some pretty crazy taxi stories and I didn't want to fall victim to either option.  I worked up enough nerve to ask him to pull over.  I explained that I was getting worried about him failing asleep. He pulled over and apologized a few times. So, I was dropped off along the highway with the three boys and our luggage! He pulled off with another customer and we found a much better taxi driver.

I booked the Galleria 10 Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, which was right on Sukhumvit ( a main street in the city).  When we checked in, they gave all the boys an ice cream cone!  Pretty great service.  The hotel is really modern and fun.  They had a great rooftop pool for the boys to play in.  I really enjoyed my stay there and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.  If you need a place to stay in the city, check out this hotel!




After Ben came home from his class, we headed to Siam Ocean World (recently changed to SEA LIFE Bangkok Ocean World.)  We have been to this aquarium once before and the boys really enjoyed it.  They added a fun glass floor to walk on over the shark tank.  Greyson walked across it with no problem, but Britton, Lincoln, and I were glued to the solid floor.  No way I was going to walk over that glass floor.  Lincoln finally conquered his fear and quickly ran across it. The sharks really are the main attraction there.  We could have sat and watched them all night.








The next morning I took the boys to the Neilson Hays Library.  This is the English library in Bangkok and owned by the British club.  On Saturdays they have story hour.  They read books by the author/illustrator, Quentin Blake.   He is one of our favorites.  The boys were able to do a fun craft after the stories. Then we decided to try out the cafe at the library.  It doesn't look like much, but we were all very happy with our meal.  I had some of the best samosas I have had while living here.  I wish we lived closer to this library.







We spent the day swimming and relaxing and then headed off to our FAVORITE Lebanese restaurant, Beirut.  Can you believe I never had had Lebanese food until we moved here?  Really great food.  All three of my boys love the food and that almost never happens.


We left the next morning after breakfast.  We had a great weekend in the city and need to do it more.

Power lines in the city.  

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...