SLIDER

The Silver Lining

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I have been in the hospital for the past two days with my oldest, Greyson. And you know what?  I have not minded it at all.  I think this is just what Greyson and I needed for our relationship.  Greyson and I tend to butt heads a lot. A LOT!  He is is very strong- willed and it can cause quite a few fights between the two of us on a daily basis.  I also feel like I am very hard on him.  It's the curse of being the oldest, you just expect so much more out of them.

Greyson and I needed a couple of  days to just spend time together talking, reading together, and relaxing. No fighting, just quality time. It made me realize he is still a little boy who needs cuddles, and hugs, and lots of love from his mom. Not a mom who is always disciplining and barking at him.  It has been a really enjoyable couple of days with him and I hope we do not just fall right back into our regular roles with one another once we get home.  

Now, I do not recommend a hospital being the place you have your quality time, but I think that it is something we should try and set aside with each of our kids.  Take a few moments to let them know they have your undivided attention.  To let them know, no matter how frustrating the day has been, that you love them and you are so happy they are your child.

I am thankful for these past couple of days.  Life moves so fast and can change so quickly.  I am thankful I was able to give all of my time to Greyson and hopefully have a fresh start to our relationship.

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...