SLIDER

12 Months of Dates

Thursday, April 3, 2014



Ben and I never get gifts for each other for Christmas, but this past Christmas I got him something that we both were really needing.  I am sure many of you have experienced the same thing as you continue along with your marriage or relationships.  Children bless your life, jobs take over, life happens, and you spend less and less time focusing on each other.  It seemed as if we were only going out a few times a year.

In January, Ben and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary.  I wanted to focus this year on devoting more time to each other.  Our boys are getting older and are less needy.  I do not want to be that couple, years down the road when the boys leave the house, that look at each other and wonder how they have grown so far apart.  This year is being dedicated to putting my marriage first and rediscovering why Ben and I got married in the first place.

I was searching Pinterest for the perfect, inexpensive, preferably handmade gift that I could give to Ben for Christmas.    I kept seeing ideas on making coupons for 12 different dates to go on throughout the year.  I loved this idea and thought it would be a great way to help with my goal for 2014.  There were so many cute ways to present the 12 month coupons, but I loved how Kiwi Cottage set up hers.  I borrowed her layout and thought of places Ben and I have on our never ending list of places we want to see in Bangkok before we decide to move.

Here is the list I came up with :
January-Movies Completed in February.  We saw Saving Mr. Banks.  Great movie!
February-Chili Paste Tour- Walking tour of Bangkok
March-Night out at Asiatique- Fun outdoor market down by the river
April- Dinner & Massage- Completed in January for our Anniversary
May- Bangkok Dinner Cruise
June- Cooking Class- Cooking with Poo
July- Walking tour of Chinatown
August- Bike Tour
September- Restaurant downtown
October-Jim Thompson House  Completed in March
November- Your Choice -Completed in April/Dinner at Wine Connection
December- Christmas dinner at Chocolate Ville


As you can see, we are not going in order.  We have been changing our schedule around based on who we can find to watch the boys while we are out. It has been wonderful to get out for a few kid free hours every month.  I hope we can actually complete our list!

Do you and your significant other do anything to stay connected ?  I would love to hear all of your ideas!


 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

2 comments :

  1. What a fun idea! I'm excited you have Chili Paste Tour and Cooking with Poo on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elyse- We are so excite to do the Chili Paste Tour & cooking class. I think we are going to do them this summer when Ben is off, so we can choose our days. Thank you, for finding those great things to do in Bangkok! I would have never known about them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...