SLIDER

Hmm...now that's a little different

Friday, September 2, 2011






I have been finding that here in Thailand there are a lot of little differences.

#1: When shopping for food, everything comes in much smaller packages. For example, if you buy cookies you will get just one row in a pack instead of 3 or 4 rows like back home. The cereal boxes are individual boxes are at least half the size of back home. What I think the Thais are trying to say, "Eat less processed food!" and "Stop super sizing!" I think that is a great idea too.

#2 My broom is different, but I like it better than the ones back home.

#3 Outside laundry room. Great idea since it doesn't ever get below 70 degrees here. Trying to get used to my clothes taking much longer to dry and really having to plan ahead on outfits.

#4 Buying clothes in Thailand is kind of like shopping in the Junior Department at Kohls. I wear like 3 sizes bigger here than I would back home.

#5 Driving on the "wrong side of the road" For the first week I was here I was pretty sure we were going to be hit head on. Now I am getting used to it and almost think that it looks normal. Along with driving, the boys are often in the back of taxis without seat belts, which terrifies me. But there are not any other options.

#6 When you go to a food court you have to put money on a card first, and then you can go to the vendor and pay for your food. Good thing Susannah & Diane told me about that or we would still be trying to figure out how to pay!!

#7 You do not have a top sheet in Thailand. The bedding packages come with a fitted sheet, pillow cases and a duvet, no top sheet. You can not them anywhere, so needless to say I only have a duvet cover as my sheet/blanket.

#8 All the showers are tiled. The bathrooms all step down and water really just sprays all over the bathroom. You keep your bath mats outside of your door to wipe your feet when you leave your bathroom. I made the mistake of putting a bath mat right outside the shower and when I got out it was completely drenched When the maid cleans the bathroom, she actually just sprays the whole thing down. Makes for easy cleaning, although you have to wait for it to dry.

#9 The service is amazing here. We were having furniture delivered and I expected them to drop the boxes off and Ben would be putting them together, nope not here in Thailand! The guys came right in, put it all together, and then even moved it to the rooms they belonged! When you buy something at a store, they will test out the product first for you so you know it actually works. It's kind of nice and I am sure cuts down on returns.

These are just a few of the differences, but they are all reasons I am beginning to find great charm with this country!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...