SLIDER

Throwing a Toy Story Party

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Birthdays are a HUGE deal in our house.  I love dedicating the whole entire day to the birthday boy. From meals, to having the day off from school, to special treats, the whole day is meant to make the birthday boy feel as special as possible. A few weeks ago, my littlest guy turned 4.  We spent the whole day showering him with birthday surprises.

We started off the day with birthday pancakes.  One rule in our house is that on your birthday, you get to blow out candles at every meal.




We took the day off of school and headed to a nearby soft play for the boys to run around. After playtime, we got a special ice cream treat at Swensen's.  Britton chose pizza for lunch and tacos for dinner.  We finished the night with presents, brownies, and yummy cake batter ice cream treats. I had to substitute a little with these.  I couldn't find cake batter ice cream or Oreos, so I added cake mix and sprinkles to vanilla ice cream.  For the crust, I mixed up butter and crushed wafer cookies and stuck it all in the freezer.  Delicious!







Now, I needed to prepare for his upcoming Toy Story themed party with all of his friends. I found this really cute invitation online, but it was only an image.



Decorations

I wanted the whole house the be decorated with items from Toy Story. My background was simple.  I cut out clouds to resemble the wallpaper in Andy's room and pasted those onto blue paper.  I found a great site that had copies of the drawings that are also in Andy's room and glued them up to the wall.  I hung green balloons that I decorated to look like the Aliens from Pizza Planet.  





For the birthday banner, I found  few ideas online and merged them together.  I wanted the "Happy Birthday" to look like Scrabble pieces and "Britton" was to look like alphabet blocks.  I wrote out "Happy Birthday" with our alphabet blocks and also added army men and our own Woody, Buzz, and Jessie to the table to help with our theme.






I also found a great site that had a very easy tutorial on how to make a Toy Story Logo birthday shirt. They actually used this logo for a sign, but I copied it and had it made into a t-shirt for the birthday boy. Britton absolutely loved his shirt!


Games

Once all the kids arrived they all were handed their own alien hat.  They used the hats as party hats, but also as blindfolds for our "Pin the antennae on the Alien" game.







The kids also had to find the five hidden Toy Story figures out in our front yard.


We also played "Keep the Alien off the Ground" with our alien balloons.  Each child got to take one home after the party.

Crafts

Each child decorated their goodie bags to look like Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head.  I cut out pieces before the party and all the kids picked out what they wanted to create their own Potato Head.



Goodie Bags

I just used simple brown paper bags for the goodie bags.  On the front I added each child's name in the Toy Story logo and a thank you.  The bags had some Toy Story pens, markers, pad of paper, tattoos, and some candy in them. Here are the little figures we hid in the yard too.



Cupcakes

For the adults, I made green frosted cupcakes and decorated a few of them to look like the aliens from the movie.

Each of the children received a brown frosted cupcake that was laying on the side.  I gave all the kids a cup of candy to decorate their cupcake with.  Once they put the pieces together, it was supposed to look like a Mr. Potato Head cupcake.  I used Wilton candy eyes, chocolate Twizzlers for the eyebrows and mustache, jelly beans for the nose, Gummy Life Savors cut in half for the mouth, and orange slices for the ears and a Hershy's Kiss for the hat.  The kids loved them.





I had so much fun planning and throwing this Toy Story party for my sweet Britton.  Now on to the next party.  We have Minecraft party coming up in 2 weeks.  Stayed tuned!


 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...