SLIDER

Setting Rules for Screen Free Week

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I suppose we should set some rules for Screen Free Week before it actually gets here.  It would be so easy to let myself slip after the boys go to sleep and try to justify that I am allowed to check my phone because I am the adult.  But, if I am making the boys take this pledge it is only fair that I take this pledge too.  I'll have to see if I can get Ben on board with us.  This is what the website says about Screen Free Week:



These are the rules we have set for our family:


  1. No TV for the whole week
  2. No ipads (apps) or Minecraft or wii for the boys
  3. I cannot check social media sites like facebook or instagram.
  4. We can use our computers if it is school or work related. 
  5. We can watch one 30 minute educational show a day if it goes along with what we are learning that day.
  6. I can work on the blog for 30 minutes a day, but only after the kids go to sleep.                   blog = work
  7. The boys can take my phone from me if I am caught checking it throughout the day.  I will pay whoever catches me 5 baht ($0.15). 
We have already set up some very do-able plans with our 30 Screen Free Ideas.  I am also looking forward to spending my week planning a ninja birthday party and hopefully tackling a few rooms in my house.  

What are you looking forward to doing while you power down next week?

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...