SLIDER

Week in Review, Week 5: August 31- September 4, 2015

Saturday, September 12, 2015


Moment of Truth:  My printer was broken this weekend.  I just heard and audible gasp from all you other homeschooling families!!  I need my printer, and because of this half of my school plans were tossed out the window this week.  We still found plenty to learn about but I felt unorganized all week. So much for having a better organized week.  Maybe next week I'll be organized. 




Virtue 

Being content is our virtue of the week and is something we all need to work on.  One thing I do really enjoy about living in Thailand is that we are not bombarded with advertisements like we were in the States.   I know my "wanter" is more under control here compared to living back home, but is a virtue that is always needing to be worked on.  

                                        


Morning Work


Starting our morning out with a case of "crazy eyes".  Oh, Lincoln. 

Britton having fun with his morning math.

Greyson being very Diligent.


Britton setting up the calendar

Tea on Tuesday


The boys are ready to enjoy Tea on Tuesday. Finishing up "Falling Up" by Shel Silverstein. Anything by Shel Silverstein makes the boys laugh and a few of them have meanings that really make them think.  We are also enjoying our New York Cheesecake for our treat.

Writing "I Wish" poem.

Painting dandelions to go along with our "I Wish" Poem. 

Love the final poems. 


100 Book Challenge- Book # 49 and #50

Image result for Ella Enchanted

We finished up Ella Enchanted this week and really enjoyed it the whole way through.  The boys were excited to know that there was also a movie that was made about this book, so we decided to watch it and see what we would think.  The general consensus was that the movie was good, but it was not anywhere near as good as the book.  So many great parts were missing from the movie and we were disappointed by how modern the movie was. The boys also didn't love all the kissing!

Image result for roll of thunder hear my cry

We started book # 50 this week!!  And boy, this book is a tough one and a total change from our previous books.  This is the first story we have read that has covered racism and so far, it has been bringing up a lot of questions that they boys just cannot figure out.  It is going to be tough, but something they need to know about.  We were excited to know that the author, Mildred D. Taylor, grew up in the city we are from!

Geography

This week we  traveled to New York and New Jersey.  We made a New York cheesecake, because I'll take any excuse to make a cheesecake!  We were also fascinated by the fact that all the streets in Monopoly were named after Atlantic City in New Jersey.  Ok, I was fascinated.  How did I not know this? 




History

This is how they enjoy listening to Story of the World. 

We learned about St. Nicholas this week. 

Extracurricular Activities

Proud Swim Mom.  Greyson is doing a great job on the swim team. 




I am so impressed with how much Britton has improved in piano this year.  He is moving right along.  I love Suzuki!


Practice, Practice, Practice



Special Moments

Greyson was making a sandwich and started yelling "Don't Eat Me!"  He found a face in his ham. 


More K'nex building



I love the peace that this pictures displays.  Only a few moments a day are like this. 

We had some new friends come to our house this week.  We are really going to try and have one family a week.  It's been so nice to have one on one time with these wonderful families!

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

Linking up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschooler's Weekly Wrap-up
Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...