SLIDER

Week in Review: October 25-31, 2015

Sunday, November 15, 2015





This week was all things Halloween.  I love Halloween.  I'm not really sure why, but ever since having kids I love all things to do with this holiday.  We go a little over the top here because Halloween is not celebrated in Thailand, but this year I think we might have changed that.  At least in our neighborhood!  I also heard from all three of my boys that this Halloween was the best Halloween yet.  I'm not quite sure how I am going to top that !

Halloween Week At School

I promise, we did actually learn this week, but I didn't take any pictures of our regular work.  We had school for a half week due to me getting sick.  I never get sick, but this time took me out.  And of course I had a ton planned and could not really be bothered with getting sick.  Even two weeks later, I still don't have my full voice back.  I lost my voice for 5 days without any sound at all!!

The boys are trying to make homemade apple cider.  It was interesting.  I wouldn't say it tasted like cider, but it did taste like a Fall drink.

 Halloween Bookmarks

 Making Halloween "cootie catchers".


 Halloween Bingo with candy corn that was brought to us.

Halloween Word Search
 We love the Cranberry books!

 Britton read this book.
 Frankenstein Cupcakes for a snack.

 Halloween oobleck with spiders and eyes



 Halloween Scavenger Hunt


Halloween Puppy Chow

100 Book Challenge # 55

We added The Best Halloween Ever by Barbara Robinson to our list because another one of her books is on our list and we thought this would be fun to read at Halloween.  The boys liked it, but I am not so sure that this book needed to be added to a list of 100 books you must read.  It was a fun Halloween themed book though. 
                                          Image result for best halloween ever
Halloween Sleepover

The boys had a friend spend the night and we had a whole Halloween themed sleepover: crafts, decorating cupcakes & scary movies.

                     
 Spider Web craft





 
Halloween Co-op

At our co-op this week we had a Halloween party.  All the kids dressed up and we had lots of yummy treats!
             










Pumpkin Carving....or Watermelon Carving

Orange pumpkins cost almost 3000 Baht or $100 USD and Thai pumpkins are hard to carve, so we did the next best thing, carved watermelons.  The boys loved it and it will be a tradition that we continue for a long time!





     Halloween Movie Night

Once a month we invite kids over for a movie night.  This month we did all Halloween themed movies.  We ended up having around 15 kids and lots of Halloween themed treats!





       

 Halloween Breakfast & Lunch  
  
 Menu: Banana ghosts, orange smoothies & Halloween donuts

Menu: Mummy apple, Pumpkin shaped grilled cheese, dirt pudding, spider cupcake

Halloween Party

This year we had a Halloween party on our street.  We invited all the staff at my husband's school and two other schools also were invited.  We asked our neighbors to pass out candy and asked that all the guests bring a dish to share and candy to pass out.  We had no idea how many would come, but we estimated that over 200 people ended up coming!! It was such a fun night and actually felt a little like traditional Halloween back home except that we were all wearing flip flops.  It went so smooth and hopefully we can pull it off again next year.  


2 zombies & Robin















So, that was our Halloween Week.  It was a lot of fun, even though I was sick.  Now to take a couple deep breaths and get ready for Thanksgiving!!
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

Linking up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschooler's Weekly Wrap-up:
Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...