SLIDER

Chiang Mai, you have changed me.

Saturday, November 23, 2013


When I plan a holiday, I usually book our flights to leave in the evening so we have one last full day. This can be a little tricky because we have to check out of hotels and then have to lug around our luggage.  I had asked our hotel for a late check-out, which was no problem at all.  We had a nice relaxing morning at the hotel.  The sky was so clear and we finally had a good view of the mountains.  We took rides in the swan boat that Greyson had been begging us to do since we first arrived in Mae Rim.  It was silly and corny, but the kids absolutely loved it.



We hired the taxi driver that had taken us up to Mae Sa to drive us to the airport.  He was so kind.  He waited for us to drop our luggage off at the storage lockers at the airport and then took us back into Chiang Mai city.  The storage lockers were wonderful.  It was so nice to not have to drag our luggage over uneven sidewalks in Chiang Mai.  We spent a little time shopping and the boys were treated to leg & foot massages.  They had walked so much over the past week and they are getting a little spoiled on holidays.  Every time we go away, we let them get a foot massage.  I know, they have a pretty rough life.


Our flight didn't leave until 10:30 pm, so we took our time in the city and after dinner headed back to the airport.  I was exhausted from our jammed packed week, but also really sad that our holiday was coming to an end.  Something happened while we were in Chiang Mai.  We have traveled a lot around Thailand in the past 2 1/2 years.  I love visiting new places, but never before had I felt the huge desire to see as much as I can.  That all changed during this trip.


I have been bitten by the travel bug really bad.  I cannot  stop searching for places to see and new countries to visit.   We already have 4 countries planned or in the works for the first part of 2014.  I have been following quite a few families that have made it their job to travel.  Some work part-time and travel part-time, and some have been traveling full time for a while.  What an amazing lifestyle.  My eyes have really been opened to giving my family the experience of a lifetime.  I do not consider myself a risk-taker at all, but I am starting to lay out a plan that could one day, help us spend a lot more time traveling.  I'm ready to push past my comfort zone and  see a little more than Thailand.  I know most would laugh and say that we have already taken a huge risk by leaving our lives in the States to live in Thailand, and while that was true at the time, now this is our life and home.  I'm getting antsy and ready for our next big adventure.  So, thank you Chiang Mai, for giving me a week that may be changing the path our life takes yet again.

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...