SLIDER

A week to go...will it get done?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

With Christmas only a week away, Santa has a lot to get accomplished!  Santa has to think up a creative way to tell the boys about their upcoming trip.  I think he may be planning on having them open up a box at certain times with little clues about where they are going.  Mrs. Claus better deliver this year too after bringing the boys a super delicious homemade Death Star cake last year.  Yep, the boys assured me that Mrs. Claus's cakes are the very best that they have ever had and I need to get the recipe.  So, hoping she will live up to their expectations again this year!

Now, I know Santa will be very busy getting ready for his big night, but at our house we will be having a house full of kids over a few days before Christmas for a Christmas Movie night complete with Homemade cut-out cookies, homemade hot chocolate & popcorn. So excited to have those kiddos over for some holiday fun.  We usually have anywhere from 7-15 kids over!

When we moved to Thailand 3 years ago, we decided to invite a few families over for Christmas Eve dinner.  I didn't want to be home alone for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and thought it would be fun to have a traditional Christmas Eve dinner with other families that will be around.  We usually invite a new group each year and we will be doing the same this year too.  I love doing this, but again, the cooking situation (small oven and one burner) does seem to cause a lot of prep time.  This weekend I will be prepping food and baking.  We will even be having a ham (you do not want to know what a 4 pound ham costs here in Thailand!)

I  would still like to go ice skating (for the very first time!), have the boys pick out gifts for each other, check out the Christmas lights at the mall, let the boys get a special treat of Starbucks Hot cocoa, and a few more Christmas crafts thrown in.  Whew...I feel like I need to sit down after that list.  Just. Breathe.

I love Christmastime and all the excitement that surrounds it, but I need to remember to take a breath and just enjoy it.  It is already going by way too fast.  I will get everything done and so what if I don't. It really is about spending time together with friends and family and savoring the day. I need to try not to put a ridiculous amount of pressure on myself and just relax and enjoy.  This is a lesson I am really trying to learn this holiday season.  My boys won't remember me doing all of these crazy activities, but they will remember the time I have spent with them. The holidays don't need to be stressful.  Next year, I am going to have a much simpler Christmas.  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season with your family and remember to enjoy the moment.  Merry Christmas!
Seeing Santa for the first time in Thailand!
 Making ornaments
Frosting Cookies
Our Elf, Stinky Piper, that has been visiting our home for the past 6 years.

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...