SLIDER

A Bag a Day While Mom is Away

Tuesday, September 30, 2014



This past summer I went on a much needed trip to visit a friend that lives in Germany.  I have never traveled without Ben and the boys and I was feeling a whole range of emotions.  I was feeling guilty that I was getting to visit Europe, when I knew Ben and the boys would love to go too.  I was feeling very nervous as this was my first trip by myself...ever!  I was worried about leaving the boys for 12 days. The longest I had ever been away from them was for 3 days and I have not spent much time away from our youngest son.  I knew Ben would be completely fine taking care of them, but he does not have all three of them on his own that often.  I was starting to feel like I should cancel my trip, especially after just getting home from our time in Malaysia and dealing with Britton's accident.  Let me just say...I am so glad I went.  It was just what I needed!

I decided, always being a homeschooler, that while I was gone it would be a great time for the boys to learn a little about the places I was going to be visiting. Of course, they needed reminders of their mom everyday, right?  Don't want them to forget about me!  So, I planned out a theme for each day I was going to be away and had it all  packed for them to open while I was gone.  This was what I came up with.



Somehow my picture of day 3 disappeared, but I had a package with water balloons for the boys to have a balloon fight.










I am so glad I did this.  Ben told me it was the first thing the boys wanted to do each morning while I was away.  It didn't take me that much time to put together and it was a great way for me to stay connected with the boys while I was traveling.

I would love to hear what you have done for your kids to make it easier on them (and you) while you are apart.


 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...