SLIDER

Week in Review: Week 9 September 29- October 3

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

This is going to be a short post.  I was uploading all my photos onto my computer to get ready for my weekly review and my worst fear happened, all the photos disappeared off of my mini disc! Thankfully, we had a pretty boring week and I didn't take many pictures, but it still make s me feel little sick.  I did happen to take photos with my phone of all the major events, so I still have a few photos to look back on.

We were supposed to cover How to make and Apple Pie and See the World this past week, but I lost all motivation.  It's not good if I am already getting burnt out after just 9 weeks of school.  I am really looking forward to October break and hopefully getting caught back up on my school work.  We are just going to push all our apple projects to next week.

                                                           
                                                           

We are finishing up The Great Gilly Hopkins.  This book isn't a very long book, but it has taken us a little while to get through.  We only have a few chapters left and I am starting to really like it.  I cannot wait to find out how Gilly's life turns out.

                                                                
We started out the week with breakfast at the coffee shop.  The boys had croissants and hot chocolate, to get a idea of what breakfast in France would be like.  (They are learning about France, along with a few other countries this week.)


The boys had quite a few days of swimming canceled this past week, due to storms in the afternoon.  It is rainy season right now and usually the clouds start setting in around 2:00 pm and then the rains come shortly after.    It's a bit of a bummer that the boys have missed so many days due to the rain. They did play soccer this week and are still loving it.  We have not been to Clayworks for the past few weeks.  I have needed a break from rushing to get through all of our work on Wednesdays.  We did take a half day and went ice skating.  All 3 boys had improved quite a bit.  Not as many falls and Lincoln even proclaimed that ice skating is really fun! (This was after our first time and him telling me that he would never skate again.)






The boys were pretty excited to finally get their Kano computer delivered this week.  Ben helped fund the kickstarter program for this do-it-yourself computer a year ago.  Check out the website, it is pretty cool.


October started this week, so that meant we started our 27 Days of Halloween this week!  So far the boys have made the candy corn garland, toiler paper roll bats & rice crispy ghosts. We never make it through every single project on my list, but we try.  They also have been watching plenty of Halloween movies this week.  A favorite was Ernest Scared Stupid.







We also finished our weekend up with 14 kids ages 3-12 at our house for a Halloween movie night. It is hard to find a Halloween movie that that wide of an age range would enjoy and not be scared.  We watched Hotel Transylvania and had some really yummy treats brought by the other families. We had homemade pumpkin donuts, ice cream, pumpkin bread, fresh squeezed orange juice, fruit, veggies, and rice krispy treat ghosts.  We love having movie night and try to do it once a month for the kids in our neighborhood.


So, that was our week.  It flew by and I don't really feel like we accomplished much, but we managed to check a few things off the list.  Now, I am going to be on a mission to recover my missing photos. Wish me luck!



 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...