SLIDER

Halloween 2014

Sunday, November 9, 2014

I thought I better share what we have been up to over the past month before Halloween is completely forgotten and we move on to Thanksgiving.  I love Halloween.  I'm not really sure why, but it's one of my favorite holidays to prepare for.  Every year, I plan an activity a day as a countdown to Halloween.  Here is what I planned to do.  But, life happened and I think we only ended up crossing about 6-10 activities off the list, but we still had fun.  We did watch plenty of fun Halloween movies like Hotel Transylvania, Ghostbusters, Hocus Pocus, Ernest Scared Stupid (my boys have been loving the old Ernest movies), and a really cute Curious George movie.

Britton pretending to be a mummy at the library

Reading Halloween books

My pretty orange Halloween roses


We made some fun snacks.



Here are some of our Halloween crafts we made.




We made Halloween t-shirts.



And I set up for our Halloween themed meals on Halloween day.  I love theme meals!  We had a theme breakfast, snack, and lunch.



Orange smoothies, sausage mummies, & donuts
Halloween puppy chow


In our neighborhood, all the teachers throw a small trick or treat on one of the streets since Halloween is not celebrated here.  The boys got all dressed up and went trick or treating with their friends.  It was a very fast trick or treat as the sky turned black and we were entertained by a beautiful lightning display.  But after living here for 3 years, we know that if it is thundering and lightening like that, there is going to be a major storm. We made it home just before the skies opened up!

Darth Maul, Zombie & MotorCy driver




First thing the boys did when they got home... counted their candy.



It was a great month of all things Halloween.  I am trying to remind myself (daily) not to put these crazy, unrealistic expectations on how to celebrate a holiday.  Pinterest is really a blessing and a curse all at the same time.  Now time to prepare for Thanksgiving and a very special surprise for the boys! Stay tuned!






 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...