SLIDER

Laundry Room

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Have I ever showed you my laundry room?  I thought you might all like to take a peak at laundry rooms, Thai style.

Let's go through this door.


Outside.  Yep outside.

Here is my trusty washing machine.  It takes days to get all the laundry done as I can only fit about 6 towels in the washer.

No, I didn't forget to take a picture of my dryer.  These rickety drying racks and rope strung all over are my dryer.  We air dry all year long, which sounds like great fun until your child gets sick or has an accident and you only have one set of bedding for each of  them.


Clothes dry great during the dry season, but during rainy season it can be a bit of a challenge.  You can usually get by with leaving the clothes out all morning, but by afternoon, everything must come in or it will get soaked.

It took some getting used to, but I have come to really love my outdoor laundry room.  Even if I have to I peak out the door EVERY.TIME to make sure there are no snakes or monitor lizards. This is just one of the things that changed once we moved to Thailand.  Same. Same. but Different. :)
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...