SLIDER

What we are reading this week

Tuesday, March 21, 2017




What are we reading this week?  I know I say this every week, but we have another great week of reading.  There are just so many amazing books out there.  I need to stay off of Pinterest because I keep pinning all of these book suggestion pages and have turned my 100 book list into my 200 book list.  I seem to add at least 2-5 books a week to my list.  Then I get overwhelmed that I won't have enough time to read all of these amazing suggestions to the boys.  I guess I just have to read to them for the rest of their lives!  Here is my Pinterest page for book suggestions if you are looking for a book for your child.  

After Lunch Read Aloud

All-of-a-Kind-Family By Sydney Taylor

                                                       Image result for all of a kind family

Last year when we were still in Bangkok, I was so excited to find this book at a book sale.  The school my husband was at did not have this book in their library and I knew it was on my book list.  Again, I really had no idea what this book was about except that it is added to quite a few book lists, so it must be a good book.  We are only a couple chapters into this book, but I have to mention chapter 2.  Mother is brilliant!  Turning cleaning into a game.  I have to try this out with the boys.  I feel like some great parenting advice will be offered in this book and I will learn quite a bit from this mother of 5 daughters.  And the girls are so realistic.  They are little girls that you feel like you have met somewhere before.  My favorite part about this book so far is that the girls may get annoyed with each other or fight, but when it comes down to it, they love each other and are each other's best friends.  

Britton- Nighttime Read Aloud

Gooseberry Park by Cynthia Rylant

                                                        Image result for gooseberry Park

We love Cynthia Rylant.  We have read quite a few of her stories about life in the Appalachian mountains and we just finished Missing May a couple of weeks ago.  Gooseberry Park was a recent add to my book list and I am so pleased that it was added.  It's a cute story about a dog, a snail, a bat, & and a squirrel.  It is such a feel good story, so far.  These unlikely friends are so supportive and encouraging to one another. It's a great book about friendship and I am excited to see what adventures come their way.  There is a follow up book to this story and I am hoping we can get our hands on it. 


Greyson & Lincoln Read Aloud

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

                                                           Image result for harry potter and the deathly hallows

We are still working our way through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and it is almost too much for me to deal with.  The adrenaline rush we experience each night during each and every chapter is honestly shaving minutes off my life.  We are about a third of the way through the book and I am seriously tempted to take a day off of school and just read Harry Potter all day.  It's so good and hard to put down each night.  

We also had a special delivery this week.  A few weeks back I placed my first order with Better World Books in Chile.  I have used them many times before, but I had heard that books do not always make it to Chile, so we were quite surprised when they were delivered yesterday. We love Better World Books because the books have discounted prices and FREE international shipping!  I ordered seven books from our book list. They were books we could not get at our library here.  I really think we have a "read all day" day in our future!  



Happy Reading!

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...