SLIDER

What we are reading this week

Monday, May 15, 2017




I think we must still be in a Harry Potter funk because all the books we are reading this week are just not keeping my attention.  I feel bad.  I feel like I am not giving them the chance they deserve.  But we are pushing through.  I'm sure they are wonderful books.  We just miss our friends at Hogwarts.

Nighttime Read Aloud

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


                                                    Image result for percy jackson books

This book was up next on our reading list and I think it may have been too soon after Harry Potter. We are all liking it, but we are getting annoyed when there are similarities between this book and Harry Potter.  We are enjoying all of the Greek gods and I am really amazed at how much my boys already new about Greek Mythology.  This was something that I really never learned, but they seem to be really interested in it.  I do think we will probably end up reading this series.  It is a pretty fast read and I am curious how it all ends up.

Greyson & Lincoln Read Aloud

Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry

                                                           Image result for Anastasia Krupnik

I had never heard of this book before and had no idea what to expect from it.  We are only a couple chapters into this book and I don't really know how I feel about it.  Anastasia is quite the character and I think we can all relate to how she jumps from interest to interest like she does, but the parents in this book kind of bother me.  We will see if I change my mind the more we get to know them.  I also think this story may bring up some interesting topics to discuss further with the boys.

Britton Read Aloud

The Celery Stalks at Midnight by James Howe

                                                         Image result for The celery stalks at Night

Britton and I are on the 3rd book in the Bunnicula series and this series makes us laugh.  There are quite a few jokes that go right over Britton's head, but the book is really clever.  We love seeing what crazy ideas Chester the cat thinks up.  Britton just mentioned to me last night that he can't wait to see what they do in the upcoming books.  We will be following Chester, Harold, Howie, & Bunnicula around for a while.

What are you reading this week?
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...