SLIDER

A little love from Thailand

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Oh, Valentine's Day.  The day when you send cute cards, receive beautiful flowers, yummy chocolates and other wonderful gifts for no reason at all except for being loved.  It's a great idea and we should all show our favorite people how much we love them, but I have always been a Scrooge when it come to Valentine's Day.  I don't think Ben and I have celebrated this holiday since we were in high school! I have never really understood the point.

 But when it comes to celebrating Valentine's Day with my boys, I go over the top.  I LOVE celebrating Valentine's Day with them. I have three (well, four) special guys that have completely stolen my heart. And if nothing else, it is a great excuse to have a party with the kids.  I think I tend to make it even more of a big deal because we live in Thailand where it is not really a celebrated holiday, or so I thought.  More on that in a bit.
 I love these hand print hearts that we did.  I found it here


Easy heart yarn decorations. I found it here.

Our week leading up to Valentine's Day is full of Valentine crafts to get our house all nice and decorated.  The boys made cards to send to family in the US.  And we received a special box the day before Valentine's day with lots of goodies to help us make the day even more festive.

 One of our favorite and easy crafts, coffee filter hearts

Use washable markers to decorate the heart 

Then spray with water 


The colors bleed together and make a beautiful craft to hang up.

 I love theme meals, so breakfast was full of hearts and pink treats.  I know it was not the healthiest, but we took a break from our sugar detox and let loose.  We spent the afternoon at the mall. ( The next time I go to the mall, I will be taking photos so you can all experience that craziness that is a mall in Thailand.  I have never experienced anything like it!)  I was also surprised by the sea of hearts and roses I saw at the mall.  Apparently,Thais do celebrate Valentine's Day!   They were selling chocolates, and strawberries, and and in full Valentine mode.  It honestly looked like the Valentine parade at the mall.
 The goodies from the box they got the day before.  Sugar Rush!

Heart donuts and strawberry smoothies for breakfast 

Tried to redeem myself from breakfast.  Cheese and crackers & strawberries for a snack.

After we survived the mall, we came home for diner and finished the night with a strawberry heart cake.  Ben even surprised me with roses and I was honored to receive my very first card from Greyson that he made all on his own without being told too.  As as homeschool mom, I am always having the boys make things for other people, but when it come to holidays I don't receive little gifts from them because I would have to be the one to help them make it.  I was so touched when he handed me the card and said, "I did this all on my own."  It was really sweet.  We all had a great day together.  I hope you all were able to share a little love with the special people in your lives.

 Heart cake & roses


My sweet card from Greyson
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...