SLIDER

New Friends All Over the World

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I love being part of a travel community.  We are very new to it and I never imagined we would ever be a part of it. But here we are making friends from around the world in a life that only seemed like a dream.

A few months back, I was bitten by the travel bug. Hard.  It was almost if I realized at that very moment that there was an amazing world that needed to be explored.  I needed to see it all.  So, my quest for figuring out how to travel long term began.  It is my ultimate goal to take 6 months to a year and travel full time.  I began following quite a few other families who are already living this lifestyle.  I noticed right away that most who are involved in long term travels are very willing to share their experience, share ways to save some money, tips on the best places to stay and so on.  Many families even end up meeting up with other families after meeting through blogs.

I made a comment on a blog I follow and through that I was contacted by a family from England that was looking for some advice about travelling to Bangkok.  I was happy to help give them a list of our favorite places in Bangkok.  After talking with them a little I found out that Bangkok would be the beginning of an amazing adventure of travelling around the world!  Just a little jealous...but they have worked hard to get it all in place.

After spending three weeks at various beaches due to crazy protests in Bangkok, An Elliott Abroad finally made their way back to Bangkok.  I was so excited to meet them.  We met up with Chris, Adele, Izzy, & Lewis at Playtime Ekamai, a huge indoor playground. You never know how it's going to go when you are meeting people you have only spoken to online, but as soon as I met them it was like catching up with old friends.  All five of the kids acted like they had known each other forever.  Not one issue of tattling or fighting the whole time. That is unheard of!  I was able to spend 6, yes 6, almost uninterrupted hours speaking to Adele and Chris about their upcoming plans, homeschooling, traveling and more.  It was a wonderful day.

Playtime Ekamai

 All the kiddos.  They became fast friends.

 Digging for Dinosaur bones


We were all sad to say goodbye.  The kids were begging to stay "just a little longer".  But, I know our paths will cross again with this fun family!  I am looking forward to following their travels and whenever you make it back to Bangkok, An Elliot Abroad, know you have friends waiting to welcome you back! I am very thankful for this community and our opportunity to make friends around the world.


Safe Travels!
Check out their adventure at www.anelliotabroad.com 



 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...