SLIDER

Our School Room: 2014-2015

Thursday, August 7, 2014


I love seeing a little glimpse in to other homeschool families' school room or where most of the daily schooling takes place.  It is so interesting to me to check out how they have organized their room and to see what is working for other families.  My room changes EVERY.YEAR.  I am always searching for new ways to make our school room work the best for us, so peeking into these other homes through their blogs is a great way to inspire me.  I thought I would share what our school room looks like this year and what is working best for us.





Here is a glance at the whole room.  My husband moved to Thailand 3 weeks before the boys and I came, so it was his job to pick out a house for us.  He did a great job!  He picked this house because of the extra room at the front of the house.  It is so wonderful to have a separate room to keep all of our school materials contained.  We do some of our work at our kitchen table when I have a project for all 3 boys to work on together, but for the most part, we do our work in this room.


So, this is my little corner of the room.  The book shelf besides my desk holds all of the current curriculum that we are using.  The wall above my desk is where we post all of the Five in a Row & Before Five in a Row books that we read.  The file folder on the floor to the right holds all of the upcoming weeks printouts and books that we will be reading. 


Right above my desk is my lifeline.  Without these few pieces of paper, I would be a complete mess.  The top two sheets are the boy's daily planners and what we are to accomplish.  The sheet under that is my meal plan for the week.  I have breakfast, lunch, dinner & 2 snacks written down for everyday.  I hate scrambling for meals at 5 pm!!  This is the best way for me to not stress out about what to make the kids.  I also have colored cards with the days & times that I tutor at Wise Tutor House.  I also have our 100 Book Challenge hanging up, so I can always be ready for our next great read.  


Right next to my desk is our virtue wall from We Choose Virtues. This helps remind us of the virtues we have gone over and what we are currently learning about.  It's a great visual to keep us on the right track for the day.  




The boys are currently using IKEA tables for their work space, although I don't think they will work much longer for my older two.  Their legs are getting too long and keep bumping the top of the table.  I have a feeling we will be searching for something better for them.  The boys each keep track of how many days we have completed by checking off the boxes on the colored sheets of paper over their desk.  On the window above their desk are pocket charts with their daily schedule. My boys really like to see what they have to do everyday.  After we complete a subject, we turn the card over so they know it is finished.  This has really helped with them not asking me how much more they have to do each day.  I also post what their extracurricular activities are for each day, so they know what to prepare for after school.  


The back wall is where I keep all of our art supplies.  It looks like a huge mess, but I do know where everything is.  I also keep upcoming curriculum stacked on the shelves and in the cupboards. This is all of my storage for  my school room.


And the last wall has our maps and posters that we are using at this moment.  They are on a rotation for what we are needing the most.  So, there it is, our school room.  Check back in a month and I bet I have changed it again.  I would love to hear what works best for you in your home.  Do you school in a special room or all over the house?

Also posted at www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com

nbts-blog-hop-2014
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...