SLIDER

The Liebster Award for Bloggers

Tuesday, August 5, 2014



Way back in May we were nominated for the Liebster award by the wonderful family at Our Global Adventure.  I was so thrilled to be nominated for this award because it really embodies what the blogging community is all about, helping each other out.  I meant to respond right away to the nomination, but we were nominated at the end of the school year, which was crazy. I was planning my middle son’s ninja birthday party and planning for our upcoming trip to Malaysia.  I also was trying to plan a little for my trip to Europe.  It was a super busy time, but this award has been in the back of my mind the whole time and I wanted to make sure I spent the time on thanking Our Global Adventure

Our Global Adventure

Our Global Adventure is an Aussie family of four that decided they had had enough of everyday life…work, jobs, & the normal suburban life.  After they sold their belongings, they packed up their car and were off on their first adventure of slow traveling with their children.  They are currently housesitting in Australia before moving on.  Check out all the great visitors they get at the home they are housesitting at!  They are also using this time of travel to unschool/world school their kids.  There is no better way to learn than to see and experience it for yourself!  I am so excited to follow this family on their grand adventure.   
                                                  
 What is the Liebster Award?

So, what is the Liebster Award?  The Liebster Award is a chain letter for the blogging community.  It’s a way to acknowledge bloggers you respect & follow and also a way to help out new bloggers receive more traffic.  This is just another way that the blogging community is willing to help each other out.  I love how established bloggers are willing to help out newer bloggers like myself!  So a MASSIVE thank you to Our Global Adventure for thinking of our blog and nominating us for this award.  We really appreciate your support! 

For the nominees, the rules are as follows…
  • Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to his or her blog.
  • Answer the 10 questions by the nominee before you.
  • Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs and notify them of their nomination.
  • Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
So here are our answers to Gina’s question…

     How long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging back in 2011 when we moved to Thailand.  But, I have to admit, I spent no time at all blogging then.  I only had 1 blog post for all of 2012!!  I really started back up at the end of 2013
.
Blogging often means sharing your life publicly, why do it?
I follow so many blogs related to travel and homeschool that have ended up being lifesavers for me.  They make travel planning easier and planning for the boy’s school much less work than if I had to do it by myself.  I look at these other blogs as my support system and without them I would be struggling to get everything done.  I hope that my blog can eventually help others with either school or travel planning. 

  Do you have any other blogs, other than the one you’ve been nominated for? Give it a plug!
Nope, just this one.

      Who else’s blog can’t you get enough of, and what keeps you going back?
My favorite homeschooling blog is Delightful Learning.  Michelle is another FIAR mom, who has the absolute best ideas.  I love following her because she is so creative and her passion for her children and homeschooling is evident is every one of her posts. 
My favorite travel blog is Travelling with kids Travel Blog.  They are an Australian family, with a passion for travel.  They have a home base and travel during holidays.  I love following them because Elizabeth lets you in on how much things cost, easiest ways to get to where you need to go, and great local places to eat and stay. She has the best travel tips. Her blog was what I based our whole Hong King trip on!

   What’s your most positive blogging experience?
I have two that hold the top spot.  
#1 An Elliott Abroad contacted me before they began their slow travel this year about beginning their trip in Thailand.  We stayed in touch and when they made it to Bangkok; we set up a time to meet.  I felt like they were old friends.  We just clicked.  Since then, we have seen them a total of 3 times when they have passed through Bangkok, and they even celebrated my youngest son’s birthday with us.  They have become dear friends.
#2 When my youngest son was in need of medical attention on our trip to Malaysia, I contacted Malaysian Meanders for suggestions on which hospitals we should take him to.  Michele responded right back to me with the best hospitals to go with in Kuala Lumpur. We were so happy with the medical care and it was such a relief to have a “friend” that could point us in the right direction.  I love having friends all over to the world!

  Have you ever had a negative blogging experience?
Not so far. 

  Which travel destination could you blog about all day every day? Your favorite destination?
My favorite destination so far has been Budapest, Hungary.  I still haven’t sat down to blog about it, but once I start, I don’t know that I will be able to stop.  The people, buildings, history, food, the list goes on and on.  One of my favorite places!

    Travel, it takes time, organization, money and often sacrifices, why not just stay home?
When people say traveling is addicting, they are not lying.  I am usually planning 2 upcoming trips at a time.  It does take time to plan, but our travels have really been the happiest of times.

    What’s your best travel tip?
Do not pack every single minute of every day with a plan.  Some of the very best moments are when you are just walking without a plan.  Some of my favorite moments have been unplanned.

  Where was your first trip to, would you go back?
Our first trip was when we were evacuated to Koh Samet, Thailand during the flooding in 2011.  It is still one of our very favorite places in Thailand and we have since gone back 3 other times.


I am nominating:
1.      Delightful Learning
2.      An Elliott Abroad
3.      Malaysian Meanders 
6.      Little Family Fun
7.      Tales of PI
8.      A Life Type
9.      Word Traveling

Here are my 10 questions for travel bloggers & homeschool bloggers.  Just alter the questions to make it work for you!
1. Why did you start your blog?
2.  What do find the most rewarding about blogging?
3.  How do you balance blogging with travel/homeschooling?
4.  What reasons made you want to travel (full time) or homeschool?
5.  How did others react to your decision to travel/homeschool?
6.  What is your best budget saving tip for travelling/homeschooling?
7.  Have you ever needed to reach out to other bloggers you may have never met in person during a time of need?
8.  What is your favorite traveling/ traveling with kids advice?
9.  Do you have a book that inspired you to take the plunge into homeschooling /travelling?
10.  What is your next planned trip/field trip?


Thanks again to Gina, at Our Global Adventure, for nominating us!

liebster2

 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...