SLIDER

Back to School Meals & Snacks

Monday, August 4, 2014


Today was our first official day back at school.  I was so excited about our day and I wanted to share of few of the highlights with all of you.  I have a thing for theme meals and on most special occasions and holidays, I will prepare a meal or a snack based on what we are celebrating.  So, I thought I would share of all of fun meals and snacks that we had today.  I'll post later about the rest of our day (which went incredibly well!  One of my boys even said that they were glad that school started back up because they felt like they were being productive!!)  

Breakfast

The table was set with a school theme. Mason jars filled with crayons, glue sticks, & paintbrushes. Scrabble pieces for the year sign and pocket chart cards for the name signs.  This super cute sign that I printed and set as the main focal point and will be used as our "classroom rules" was one of my favorite finds.  I loved everything this sign had to say and hope it will be a great reminder for the boys about what I hope our year will be like.  My banner was just notebook paper folded over and I painted black paper to look like a chalk board.  I also found these super cute smartie pants printables to add to the table. 

Breakfast was cinnamon rolls, apples, yogurt, chocolate milk & orange juice.







Snacktime

I just threw together any letter food I could find to make a Back to School snack mix.  I used biscuits from IKEA, chocolate letter grahams, m&m's, and stick pretzels for the letter L.

Lunch

I had a lot of fun making lunch for the boys.  I loosely recreated what a school lunch would be like if they attended school.  I typed up a school lunch menu so they could see what they would be having.  I found some really cute ideas here from a Back to School themed birthday party.  I love how she wrapped the sandwiches in wax paper so I borrowed her idea.  The boys finished their lunch with "book worm" dirt desserts.  Always a favorite!  



They approved! 

Dinner

I made tacos for dinner tonight.  The boys favorite.  I set the table with these cute pencil printables that I found here.  I also let the boys have root beer for a very special treat.  Mostly, because I found these cute printables to go along with the root beer!!  After dinner, we had our back to school decorated cookie.  I found this cute paper decoration idea here.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!  





Back to School 2014-2015
Here they are! My 4th grader, 2nd grader (almost 3rd grader) & preschooler (almost kindergartner). We had such a great first day of school.  I am really looking forward to this year.  I cannot wait to share what we will be up too. I will be sharing at the end of the week all that we have accomplished so far, so stay posted.  Happy School Year! 
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

2 comments :

  1. Such great ideas, you making going back to school so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...