SLIDER

I need a little help from you

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Over the past year I have been working on creating a better blog.  It's been a place for me to share what we have been working on in school, places we have traveled, struggles we are having and plenty of joyous moments too. I have really enjoyed writing and then looking back to see how far we have come since moving to Thailand 4 years ago.

I have shared about how difficult it is as a homeschooling mom to find another source of income that works for our family.  Also, finding a job that doesn't completely burn me out is another struggle.  I have been tutoring and really enjoy it, but I did have to cut back a little because I was having to plan 8 separate lessons on top of my own children's daily lessons.  It was difficult for me to split my time up between everyone that was counting on me to teach their children.  I didn't feel like I was doing it to the best of my ability.


I have been thinking a lot about my little blog and some goals I have for it this year.  While I know that blogging is not easy at all and takes a lot of time, I think I will be very thankful a few years from now and see all that I have documented about our lives.

So I came up with a few goals for my blog this year:

1. Treat blogging like a job.  Set time everyday to work on the blog or research.
2. Switch my blog from blogger to a self-hosted site.
3. Use instagram, twitter and pinterest more to help out my blog.
4. Join in on more blog hops and link parties.  I have really enjoyed the ones I did this past year.
5. Post new content 3-5 times a week.
6.  Double my page views.

So, that's it.  My goals for 2015.  But, here is where I need a little help from you.  You have been my core group of readers from the very beginning.  I am so thankful for all of you and so excited about how many of you have gotten in contact with me.  I have even been able to meet up with a few families that have passed through Thailand that originally met me on my blog.  I have a couple more families that I am planning on meeting in 2015!

First off, could you follow the blog by signing up with your email? It's on the right side of the blog.   You will only get emails from me when I have posted a new blog post.  I would greatly appreciate this.  Once we switch over to be self-hosted I will let you all know.  I am very excited about that.



Next, follow me on Pinterest.  I love Pinterest and am pinning all the time.  It's usually about school lessons, but I also love pinning anything about our upcoming trips.  And recipes!  And holidays!  I really just love Pinterest.

Check us out on Instagram.  I take photos of daily moments I have with the boys or places we are visiting.

You can see what we are up to on our facebook page too.

And last, follow us on twitter.  I am very new to twitter and may be quiet for a little while until I get the hang of it.

Thank you all so much for being so supportive of the blog.  It has been so much fun to meet families from all over the world.  Families that have a similar lifestyle to ours, families interested in traveling long term and families that have questions about homeschooling.  I really have a great world-wide community of friends.

Here is to meeting goals in 2015!

Linking up with: Blogging on the Side Link up

blogging goals link up
 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...