SLIDER

Week in Review: Week 17 -January 12-16

Wednesday, January 21, 2015






Back to school this week after having three long weeks off for winter break.  We were all ready to get back into a routine after having a well rested break. 


Theme of the Week : Starting off with a Clean Slate

I wanted to start our second semester off with a little back to school  fun and beginning the new year with a fresh start.  I decorated our windows to set the theme.  We talked a lot about what our favorite moments in 2014 were.  Disney and Legoland were high on the list.  We also talked about our new goals for 2015.  What they wanted to accomplish and any behaviors they would like to change.  I found some cute freebies to go along with our New Years goals.  I also made these boys this "punny" rock for them to keep with them and know how awesome they are. 







100 Book Challenge
 For our challenge book we have been reading we have been reading James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. The boys are loving this book.  I have never read this book before and cannot wait to find out hat happens to James at the end.  I really hope it is something wonderful!
                                                         
                                                       

We also finished the 2nd book in The Series of Unfortunate Events books, The Reptile Room.   This was just an additional book and not a part of our 100 books.  We are going to try and read the whole series.  

                                                   
                                                     

New Clubs

I am excited about two new facebook clubs that the boys and I joined.  One day I was searching facebook for international homeschool groups.  There really needs to be more support for families that are not homeschooling in their home countries.Maybe I will start something someday.   I did find an international homeschool postcard swap, so the boys wrote out 5 postcards to families in Nebraska & Missouri.  We also be receiving 5 letters from somewhere around the world.  We will be sending out postcards once a month.  We are looking forward to getting our postcards.

Lincoln writing out his postcards

We also started "Tea on Tuesdays."  This is run by our local homeschool group back in Ohio.  The idea is to share poetry with your children and enjoying a little tea along with it.  This past week we read poems by Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelutsky.  Then I had each of the boys pick out their favorite poem. They had to write out why they liked the poem and address 4 envelopes to 4 families back in Ohio.  We also send some Lychee tea along with the poems. We will be sending out poems every week or nearly every week to families in our homeschool group. The boys will also be getting mail to open up during on Tea on Tuesday times.  Kids love getting mail!


 Finding a favorite poem

addressing envelopes

New Food This Week 


I tried lots of new recipes this week for the boys. All of them are refined sugar free. I could not eat any of the snacks due to them having wheat, oats, or honey, but they were much better options for the boys to snack on instead of the super sugary muffins and treats I usually make. Here were some of their favorites:


Strawberry Banana ice cream  They loved this!




Cottage Pancakes: The boys ate these likes crepes.  They added bananas and a little syrup.





Pumpkin Apple Hash ( I used pumpkin instead of squash.)


Few Other Things

Favorite photo of the week is Greyson taking care of the laundry for me!  He asked me if he could do it.

Britton has been loving his computer and doing his typing program on it.  He was even more excited that we found some head phones that work for him.


The weather has been so incredible lately, so we hung out at the lake and read our books during snack time.

Ben went out on Friday night, so the boys and I had a special night out.  The boys got pizza and we came back and they each got to have one of the delicious desserts that we were given.  I was dying for one, but I stuck to my goal!  I didn't east one piece!!


We took the boys to see "Into The Woods" this weekend.  The jury is still out on what we thought of it. There were lots of great moments, but lots of very slow moments.  Have you seen it and what did you think?


And Sunday, we headed to the hospital to take care of Greyson's skull fracture. It was quite a week. Hoping next week is a lot less eventful!



  photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

1 comment :

  1. We would love to send the boys postcards :) I will start collecting them for them. I have Texas right now I will drop in the mail to them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...