SLIDER

My Resolution this year...to NOT have a Pinterest Perfect life.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

I cannot believe another year has passed us by.  2014 was an amazing year for us.  I looked back through my "Photo a Day" album and could not believe how much we accomplished this past year. (I started taking one photo a day to keep track of all we have done over the year.  This is the 3rd year I have done this and it is so much fun.  It's a and fast and easy way for me to keep a "diary" of my year.)

Photo a Day Album

But, this year is going to look a little different.  I hate resolutions.  Mostly, because I always fail at them.  But this year I want to simplify.  I have told my boys that I used up all the energy I was given to raise them in the first 9 years of being a parent.  I put crazy deadlines and expectations on myself and then end up beating myself up because I couldn't meet the goals I created for myself.  My kids do not need a perfect themed birthday party.  We do not need to do a craft every single day.  We do not need to have a countdown to Halloween. Thanksgiving, Christmas, where I plan an activity everyday leading up to the holiday.  Really, it's just crazy.

What I NEED is to simplify and just enjoy the time I have with my boys. I found that I was really short with my kids because I was always stressed out with the pressure I was putting on myself.  I started simplifying this year during Christmas when I took away our 25 Days of Christmas activities that I have done the past few years.  I just chose a few activities to do when we had the time to fit them in and you know what?  My kids were not disappointed and I was able to enjoy those activities so much more.  Every Christmas I write out a list of all the silly things our elf will  be doing.  This year, our elf just hid in different places around the house and my boys still loved it!  The world did not end because our elf was not swinging through the house on a candy cane.

So, 2015 is going to be different.  I am going to focus on just spending time with these little guys that I have been blessed with and learn again how to be present with them.  I think when they look back they will be happier not having a scary mommy who planned lots of activities, but a mom who loved them and spent quality time with them.

Happy 2015 Moms and Dads.  Let have a great year spending time with our families and less time having the perfect Pinterest life!

Cheers!

Here is how we rang in this New Year:

*Watching movies
* Playing games (Our favorite is the app Heads up.  So fun!)
*Putting puzzles together
*Ice cream sundaes
* Watching fireworks from the balcony
*Counting down with the glitter ball that my 7 & 9 year old made from a balloon and their Lego motors.
* Counting down with King Julien on Netflix.


 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

2 comments :

  1. That sounds like an excellent plan Sara :-) wishing you all the very best for 2015 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina! 2015 is going to be the year of less stress! Happy New Years to your family. I can't wait to read more about your upcoming adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...