SLIDER

Our 4th Thanksgiving in Thailand

Thursday, January 1, 2015

I know I have shared before that I am completely, head- over-heels, in love with any holiday. Thanksgiving is one of my favorites.  This year was even more exciting because we had a massive surprise for the boys.  Since Thailand does not celebrate Thanksgiving (funny side note...I have had many people question why we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here.  Americans tend to forget that this is just an American holiday,) I always plan a Thanksgiving celebration for the boys on Thursday.  My husband always has to work on Thanksgiving, so we celebrate our family Thanksgiving on the following Saturday.

We started Thanksgiving Thursday off with a turkey themed breakfast.  We had turkey themed snacks and rice crispy turkey legs.  For lunch, we had a turkey pizza and cranberry & pumpkin "pies".  The boys made turkey balloons and we had turkey races through the house.  This was a huge hit!  We painted the traditional turkey hand prints, watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and read books on how the first Thanksgiving really would have been celebrated.  We had a great time celebrating the holiday.





I told the boys that I was really sorry, but we had to head to the airport late that night because some curriculum I had ordered from America accidentally was shipped there.  The airport was holding it for us.  Needless to say, I had two very grumpy older boy about going to the airport at 11:30 pm. Little did they know that the curriculum was being delivered by my mom!  They were completely surprised.  It took them all a minute to recognize her.  It was so cute to watch their individual reactions.


On Saturday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with our whole family.  I cooked a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in my microwave sized oven.  I had to prepare half of the dinner the day before in order to get it all ready.  It was so nice having my mom here to celebrate with us.  The boys relaxed by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (granted it was last year's).  This year I was really thankful that my mom was here with us and we could celebrate as a family.


My Inspirations:



 photo signature_zpsda663a8a.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...